How to prepare quantitative section of CAT exam

How to prepare for Quant?
1. Start early: Unlike engineering or degree exams, success in CAT can’t be guaranteed by last minute mugging up
of formulae. An aspiring candidate should give himself a time period of at least 6 months. The first 4 months
should be devoted to brushing up fundamentals and concepts in different areas. This can be achieved by practicing
a good variety of questions in different areas. The last two months should be devoted to analysis and consolidation.

2. Preparation of topics in Quant: Topics like Numbers, Geometry, Mensuration, Time and Work, Time, Speed
and Distance contribute heavily to this section. One must go through all the different concepts in each of these
topics and solve a variety of questions related to each concept.
3. Improving speed of calculation: 80% of the time is spent on cracking the concept in any question, 20% is spent
on calculation. To ensure speedier calculation, everyday in the morning (for at least five days a week), one must
practice calculations like addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division for about10 minutes. This practice
can save lot of precious time in the actual exam.
4. Practice, Practice, Practice: How does one learn the art of driving, or swimming or any other activity? Knowledge
of traffic rules or symbols (at least for driving) does help. Knowledge about one’s bike also helps and knowledge
of how to swim also helps. But all this contributes just 1%. The remaining 99% success is achieved by actually
getting on to the road or by jumping into the water. So, get on the CAT track, gear yourself up, and its
just the perfect time for you to get, set and go!

Comments

  1. nice and thanx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome.. I 100% agree with this

    ReplyDelete
  3. which are the best books for quant preparation
    ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arun Sharma is the book most of them recommend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou for the above information.
    All the CAT 2014 aspirants who are heading to start their CAT 2014 preparation, one of the best source of CAT preparation i.e CAT coaching is now at your doorstep with the Online CAT preparation coaching under the guidance of great scholars. For more information, check Comprehensive CAT-MBA 2014 Online Coaching Course- Ravi Handa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou for the above information.
    All the CAT 2014 aspirants who are heading to start their CAT 2014 preparation, one of the best

    source of CAT preparation i.e CAT coaching is now at your doorstep with the Online CAT

    preparation coaching under the guidance of great scholars. For more information, check Comprehensive CAT-MBA 2014 Online Coaching Course- Ravi Handa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Some GD topics with discription for IIM CAT

Some case study & Interview questions asked in IIMA

Gk pattern for various exams